Fluorescence-polarization detection of the scattering of molecular beams by a surface
- 15 Downloads
We investigate analytically the effect of the forces that act both in the plane of a scattering surface and normally to it on the polarized fluorescence of reflected molecules in forward scattering. We show that as the velocity of the beam of incident molecules increases, the polarization degree of the fluorescence of reflected molecules becomes substantially different from that of free and/or desorbed molecules. Therefore, the detection of the scattering of molecular beams by a surface using the polarization degree of fluorescence can serve as a rather reliable means of diagnosing surfaces and determining the modes of scattering.
Key wordsdetection of a surface scattering of molecular beams polarization of fluorescence
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 9.A. P. Blokhin and M. F. Gelin,Poverkhnost' No. 1, 5 (1995); No. 2, 74 (1995).Google Scholar
- 14.G. V. Dubrovskii, A. V. Bogdanov, Yu. E. Gorbachev, and I. F. Golovnev,Quasiclassical Theory of Collisions in Gases [in Russian], Moscow (1989).Google Scholar
- 15.Yu. E. Gorbachev, V. M. Strel'chenya, and V. A. Fedotov,Poverkhnost', No. 2, 5 (1991).Google Scholar
- 21.V. A. Gaisenok and A. M. Sarzhevskii,Anisotropy of Absorption and Luminescence of Polyatomic Molecules [in Russian], Minsk (1986).Google Scholar
- 22.A. P. Blokhin,Vestsi Akad. Navuk BSSR, Ser. Fiz.-Mat. Navuk, No. 2, 70 (1986), No. 4, 77 (1986).Google Scholar
- 23.D. A. Varshalovich, A. N. Moskalev, and V. K. Khersonskii,Quantum Theory of Angular Momentum [in Russian], Leningrad (1975).Google Scholar
- 25.A. P. Blokhin, V. N. Knyukshto, and V. A. Tolkachev,Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Fiz.,42, 359 (1978).Google Scholar
- 26.A. P. Blokhin and V. A. Tolkachev,Opt. Spektrosk.,51, 278 (1981).Google Scholar
- 27.V. A. Tolkachev,Opt. Spektrosk.,71, 462 (1991).Google Scholar