Water-Modeling Study of the Surface Disturbances in Continuous Slab Caster
- 277 Downloads
The present work is based on four static molds using nozzles of different port diameter, port angle, and immersion depth. It has been observed that the meniscus is wavy. The wave amplitude shows a parabolic variation with the nozzle exit velocity. The dimensionless amplitude is found to vary linearly with the Froude number. Vortex formation and bubble entrainment by the wave occurs at the meniscus beyond a critical flow rate, depending upon the nozzle configuration, immersion depth, and the mold aspect ratio.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.B.H. Nakato, M. Ozawa, K. Kinoshita, Y. Habu, and T. Emi:Trans. Iron Steel Inst. Jpn., 1984, vol. 24 (11), pp. 957–65.Google Scholar
- 3.A. Ferritti, M. Podrini, and G. Si Schino:Steelmaking Proc., 1985, vol. 68, pp. 49–57.Google Scholar
- 4.T. Robertson, P. Moore, and R.J. Hawkins:Ironmaking and Steelmaking, 1986, vol. 13 (4), pp. 195–203.Google Scholar
- 5.A. Matsushita, K. Isogami, M. Temma, T. Ninomiya, and K. Tsutsumi:Trans. Iron Steel Inst. Jpn., 1988, vol. 28, pp. 531–34.Google Scholar
- 6.B.G. Thomas, L.J. Mika, and F.M. Najjar:Metall. Trans. B, 1990, vol. 21B, pp. 387–400.Google Scholar
- 7.D. Gupta, S. Subramanian, and A.K. Lahiri:Steel Res., 1991, vol. 62(11), pp. 496–500.Google Scholar
- 8.D. Gupta and A.K. Lahiri:Steel Res., 1992, vol. 63 (5), pp. 201–04.Google Scholar
- 9.P. Andrzejewski, K. Köhler, and W. Pluschkell:Steel Res., 1992, vol. 63 (6), pp. 242–46.Google Scholar
- 10.H.E. Qinglin:Trans. Iron and Steel Inst. Jpn., 1993, vol. 33 (2), pp. 343–45.Google Scholar