Of 21Rhizobium meliloti temperate phages, 12 transduced streptomycin resistance (str-r) with a frequency of 10−5 to 10−7. Lysine dependence was transduced with frequency of 10−7. Five transducing phages were used in experiments on the transfer of effectiveness from effective donor strain to 11 ineffective strains. However, plant tests did not reveal changes in recipient effectiveness.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Heuman, N., Molec. Gen. Genet. 102, 134 (1968).Google Scholar
- 3.Kowalski, M., Acta Microbiol. Polon. 15, 119 (1966).Google Scholar
- 4.Kowalski, M., Acta Microbiol. Polon. 16, 7 (1967).Google Scholar
- 5.Kowalski, M., Acta Microbiol. Polon. 2, 109 (1970).Google Scholar
- 6.Kowalski, M., Acta Microbiol. Polon. 2, 115 (1970).Google Scholar