Technical note: A new test procedure for the bending under tension friction test
- 135 Downloads
KeywordsFriction Coefficient Force Data Sheet Metal Form Fixed Roller Coated Sheet
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.A.J. Ranta-Eskola, J. Kumpulainen, and M. Sulonen, “Comparison of Strip Drawing Tests Used for Measuring Surface Interac-tions in Press Forming,”Proc. of 12th Cong., IDDRG, S. Margherita Ligure, Italy, 165–174 (1982).Google Scholar
- 4.J.L. Duncan, B.S. Shabel and J. Gerbase Filho, “A Tensile Strip Test for Evaluating Friction in Sheet Metal Forming,” SAE Paper No. 780391 (1978).Google Scholar
- 5.E. Schedin, K. Fredriksson, and C. Gustafsson, “Characterization of Friction Properties During Sheet Forming,” Proc. of 15th Cong., International Deep Drawing Research Group, Dearborn, Michigan, ASM International, Materials Park, Ohio, 55–61 (1988).Google Scholar
- 7.R. Pearce, “Some Effects of Friction in Punch-Stretching,”Developments in the Drawing of Metals, The Metals Society, London, 249 (1983).Google Scholar
- 8.M. Sulonen, P. Eskola, J. Kumpulainen, and A. Ranta-Eskola, “A Reliable Method for Measuring the Friction Coefficient in Sheet Metal Forming,“ International Deep Drawing Research Group, Working Group Meetings, Paper WG III/4, Tokyo (1981).Google Scholar
- 10.D.W. Vallance, “Analysis of Friction Behavior of Coated Sheet Steel Using the Bending Under Tension Test,” M.S. thesis No. T-3796, Colorado School of Mines, Golden, CO (1990). U.V. Rangarajan, D.K. Matlock, and G. Krauss, “The Effect of Coating Properties on the Frictional Response of Zinc-Coated Sheet Steels,”Zinc-Based Steel Coating Systems: Metallurgy and Performance, G. Krauss and D.K. Matlock, Ed., The Metals Society, Warrendale, 263–280 (1990).Google Scholar
- 12.R.G. Davies and W.S. Stewart, “Influence of Die Material upon the Coefficient of Friction of Zinc Coated Steels,”Zinc-Based Steel Coating Systems: Metallurgy and Performance, G. Krauss and D.K. Matlock, Ed., The Metals Society, Warrendale, 243–250 (1990).Google Scholar
© ASM International 1992