Endometriosis of the anal canal: Presentation of a case
- 5 Downloads
A case of endometriosis of the anal canal is presented, which was diagnosed clinically, confirmed histologically, and treated successfully. A brief commentary is made concerning the probable cause.
KeywordsEndometriosis Anal Canal Hemorrhoid Norethisterone Ethynyl Estradiol
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Field, C. A., E. A. Banner and R. E. Symmonds: Endometriosis of abdominal scar after cesarean section. Proc. Staff Meet., Mayo Clin.37: 12, 1962.Google Scholar
- 2.Gottlieb, T.: Endometriosis in the vaginal scar following hysterotomy for therapeutic abortion: Report on 100 cases. Acta Obst. Gynec. Scandinav.36: 194, 1957.Google Scholar
- 3.Lattes, R., F. Shepard, H. Tovell and R. A. Wylie: Clinical and pathologic study of endometriosis of the lung. Surg., Gynec. & Obst.103: 552, 1956.Google Scholar
- 6.Miller, C. J.: Endometriosis. In Christopher’s Textbook of Surgery, Ed. 7, Philadelphia, W. B. Saunders Company, 1959, p. 300.Google Scholar
- 7.Roddick, J. W., G. Conkey and E. J. Jacobs: The hormonal response of endometrium in endometriotic implants and its relationship to symptomatology. Am. J. Obst. Gynec.79: 1173, 1960.Google Scholar
- 8.Scott, R. B. and L. R. Wharton, Jr.: The effect of estrone and progesterone on the growth of experimental endometriosis in rhesus monkeys. Am. J. Obst. Gynec.74: 852, 1957.Google Scholar
- 9.Seitchik, J.: Endometriosis and hormone therapy. Am. J. Obst. Gynec.81: 183, 1961.Google Scholar
- 10.Stout, A. P.: In Turell, R. (ededitor): Diseases of the Colon and Anorectum. Philadelphia, W. B. Saunders Company, 1959, vol. 1, p. 300.Google Scholar