Microtremors and volcanic explosions at Stromboli — Part 2
- 50 Downloads
A seismic survey was carried out at Stromboli volcano during August 1973.
Statistical and spectral analyses of volcanic tremor and explosion quakes were performed.
The statistical analysis has shown that the value of them coefficient in Ishimoto & Iida’s relation is high and that the hourly frequencies of events are fairly constant.
The spectral analysis has shown a similarity in shape between tremors and explosion quakes. These events have the dominant frequency of 5 Hz at the craters area.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Asada T., 1957,Observations of nearby microearthquakes with ultrasensitive seismometers. J. Phys. Earth,5, p. 83–113.Google Scholar
- Bendat, J. S. andPiersol, A. G., 1971,Random data: analysis and measurements procedures. Wiley, Interscience.Google Scholar
- Corrado, G., Guerra, I., Lo Bascio, A., Luongo, G. andScarpa R., 1975,Digital processing of seismic data from volcanoes. Osservatorio Vesuviano, Internal Report.Google Scholar
- Kasahara, K., Okada, C., Shibaro, M., Sasaki, K. andMatsumoto, S., 1967,Research on the Matsushiro earthquakes. Bull. Earth. Res. Inst., part 3, p. 93–127, Tokyo.Google Scholar
- Mauk, F. J. andJohnston, M. J. S., 1973,On the triggering of volcanic eruptions by earth tides. J. Geoph. Res.,78, p. 3356–3362.Google Scholar
- Minakami, T., 1974,Seismology of volcanoes in Japan. In:Physical volcanology, L. Civetta, P. Gasparini, G. Luongo and A. Rapolla (eds), Elsevier Publ. Co., Amsterdam, p. 1–27.Google Scholar
- Mogi, K., 1962,Magnitude-frequency relation for elastic shocks accompaying fractures of various materials and some related problems in earthquakes. (End paper). Bull. Earthq. Res. Inst.,40, p. 831–853, Tokyo.Google Scholar
- Shimozuru, D., 1971,A seismological approach to the prediction of volcanic activity. UNESCO, Paris, p. 19–45.Google Scholar
- Suzuki, Z., 1953:A statistical study on the occurrence of small earthquakes, I. Sc. Rep. Tohoku Univ.,5, p. 177–182.Google Scholar
- —————, 1954,A statistical study on the occurrence of small earthquakes, II. Sc. Rep. Tohoku Univ.,6, p. 105–118.Google Scholar
- —————, 1958,A statistical study on the occurrence of small earthquakes, III. Sc. Rep. Tohoku Univ.,10, p. 15–27.Google Scholar
- —————, 1959,A statistical study on the occurrence of small earthquakes, IV. Sc. Rep. Tohoku Univ.,11, p. 10–54.Google Scholar
- Tsuboi, C., 1956,Earthquake energy, earthquake volume aftershock area and strength of the Earth crust. J. Phys. Earth,4, p. 63–66.Google Scholar