A simple and relatively efficient triangulation of then-cube
The only previously published triangulation of then-cube usingo(n!) simplices, due to Sallee, usesO(n−2n!) simplices. We point out a very simple method of achievingO(ρnn!) simplices, where ρ<1 is a constant.
KeywordsDiscrete Math Discrete Comput Geom Regular Polytopes Minimal Triangulation Stanley Decomposition
These keywords were added by machine and not by the authors. This process is experimental and the keywords may be updated as the learning algorithm improves.
- 3.C. Lee, Triangulating thed-cube, inDiscrete Geometry and Convexity, J. E. Goodman, E. Lutwak, J. Malkevitch, and R. Pollack, eds., New York Academy of Sciences, New York (1985), pp. 205–211.Google Scholar
- 4.C. Lee, Some notes on triangulating polytopes, inProc. 3. Kolloquium über Diskrete Geometrie, Institut für Mathematik, Universität Salzburg (1985), pp. 173–181.Google Scholar
- 5.P. S. Mara, Triangulations of the Cube, M, S. Thesis, Colorado State University (1972).Google Scholar
- 8.W. D. Smith, Polytope triangulations ind-space, improving Hadamard's inequality and maximal volumes of regular polytopes in hyperbolicd-space. Manuscript, Princeton, NJ (September 1987).Google Scholar
- 12.B. Von Hohenbalken, How To Simplicially Partition a Polytope, Research Paper No. 79-17, Department of Economics, University of Alberta, Edmonton (1979).Google Scholar
© Springer-Verlag New York Inc 1991