An efficient algorithm for guard placement in polygons with holes
- 154 Downloads
In this paper we consider the problem of placing guards to supervise an art gallery with holes. No gallery withn vertices andh holes requires more than [(n+h)/3] guards. For some galleries this number of guards is necessary. We present an algorithm which places the [(n+h)/3] guards inO(n2) time.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.I. Bjorling-Sachs and D. Souvaine, A Tight Bound for Guarding Polygons with Holes, Rutgers University Technical Report LCSR-TR-165, May 1991. Abstract appears inFinal Report of MSI Stony Brook Workshop on Computational Geometry, Stony Brook, Oct. 1991, p. 17.Google Scholar
- 5.F. Hoffmann, Colloquium, Department of Computer Science, Rutgers University, 24. Oct. 1991.Google Scholar
- 6.F. Hoffmann, M. Kaufmann, and K. Kriegel, The art gallery theorem for polygons with holes,Proceedings of the Symposium of Foundations of Computer Science, 1991, pp. 39–48.Google Scholar
- 7.R. Honsberger,Mathematical Gems II, Mathematical Association of America, Washington, DC, 1976, pp. 104–110.Google Scholar
- 9.G. T. Toussaint, An optimal algorithm for computing the relative convex hull of a set of points in a polygon,Signal Processing III: Theories and Applications (Proceedings of the Third European Signal Processing Conference) (1986), pp. 853–856.Google Scholar