Subgroups of free idempotent generated regular semigroups
- 50 Downloads
In  it is shown that the maximal subgroups of the free idempotent generated regular semigroup which is determined by the biordered set of a completely O-simple semigroup are free. In this note we shall extend this result to a wider class of semigroups.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.Kurosh, A. G.,The Theory of Groups, Vol. II, New York (1960).Google Scholar
- 3.MacLane, S.,Categories for the Working Mathematician, Berlin (1971).Google Scholar
- 4.Nambooripad, K. S. S.,Structure of Regular Semigroups I, Mem. Amer. Math. Soc., to appear.Google Scholar
- 5.Nambooripad, K. S. S.,Pseudo-semilattices and biordered sets, to appear.Google Scholar
- 7.Pastijn, F.,The biorder on the partial groupoid of idempotents of a semigroup, J. Algebra, to appear.Google Scholar
- 8.Pastijn, F.,Rectangular bands of inverse semigroups, preprint.Google Scholar