Reliability of ak-out-of-n system with repair and retrial of failed units
- 95 Downloads
We consider ak-out-of-n system with repair. Life times of components are independent exponentially distributed random variables with parameter λ i when the number of working units isi. Failed units are taken for repair to a station, manned by a single server, having no waiting room. The failed units are brought to an orbit, if the server is found to be busy, for retrial. Reliability of the system is computed in the following three situations: (i) Cold system (ii) Warm system and (iii) Hot system. Several other system characteristics are derived.
Key WordsRetrial Reliability Passage Times Phase Type Distribution
AMS subject classification60K25 90B22
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Falin G.I. and J.G.C. Templeton (1997).Retrial Queues, Chapman and Hall.Google Scholar
- Kapur, P.K., R.B. Garg, K. K. Seghal and A.K. Jha (1997). Numerical and transient solution ofk-out-of-n:g systems in discrete time with multiple repair facilities,Bulletin Pure and Appl. Science,16E(1), 61–76.Google Scholar
- Krishanmoorthy A., P.V. Ushakumari and B. Lakshmy.k-out-of-n system with repair-theN-policy,Communicated.Google Scholar
- Kulkarni V.G. and H.M. Liang (1996). Retrial queues revisited. InFrontiers in queueing: models and applications in Science and engineering, Recent developments: open problems and future research directions, Edited by J.H. Dshalalow, CRC Press, 19–34.Google Scholar
- Neuts, M.F. (1981). Matrix-Geometric Solutions inStochastic Models-an algorithmic approach, The Johns Hopkins Univ. Press, Baltimore, London.Google Scholar
- Ushakumari P.V. and A. Krishnamoorthy (1998).k-out-of-n system with general repair. TheN-policy (To appear in theproceedings of the II International sympositions on semi-Markov process and applications).Google Scholar