A new construction of recursion operators for systems of the hydrodynamic type
- 54 Downloads
We consider a certain class of two-dimensional systems of the hydrodynamic type that contains all examples known to us and can be associated with a class of linear wave equations possessing an algebra of ladder operators. We use this to give a simple construction of recursion operators for these systems, not always coinciding with those of Sheftel and Teshukov.
KeywordsWave Equation Recursion Operator Hydrodynamic Type Nonlocal Term Hydrodynamic System
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B. A. Dubrovin and S. P. Novikov,Sov. Math. Dokl.,27, 665–669 (1983).Google Scholar
- 4.V. M. Teshukov, “Hyperbolic systems admitting a nontrivial Lie-Bäcklund group,” Preprint No. 106, LHAN, Leningrad (1989) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 5.M. B. Sheftel, “Generalized hydrodynamic-type systems,” in:CRC Handbook of Lie Group Analysis of Differential Equations (N. H. Ibragimov, ed.) (Vol. 3, No. 7), CRC Press, New York (1996), pp. 169–189.Google Scholar
- 8.P. J. Olver,Application of Lie Groups to Differential Equations, Springer, New York (1986).Google Scholar
- 9.E. V. Ferapontov, “Hydrodynamic-type systems,” in:CRC Handbook of Lie Group Analysis of Differential Equations (N. H. Ibragimov, ed.) (Vol. 1, No. 14), CRC Press, New York (1994), pp. 303–331.Google Scholar