A new construction of recursion operators for systems of the hydrodynamic type
We consider a certain class of two-dimensional systems of the hydrodynamic type that contains all examples known to us and can be associated with a class of linear wave equations possessing an algebra of ladder operators. We use this to give a simple construction of recursion operators for these systems, not always coinciding with those of Sheftel and Teshukov.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.B. A. Dubrovin and S. P. Novikov,Sov. Math. Dokl.,27, 665–669 (1983).Google Scholar
- 4.V. M. Teshukov, “Hyperbolic systems admitting a nontrivial Lie-Bäcklund group,” Preprint No. 106, LHAN, Leningrad (1989) [in Russian].Google Scholar
- 5.M. B. Sheftel, “Generalized hydrodynamic-type systems,” in:CRC Handbook of Lie Group Analysis of Differential Equations (N. H. Ibragimov, ed.) (Vol. 3, No. 7), CRC Press, New York (1996), pp. 169–189.Google Scholar
- 8.P. J. Olver,Application of Lie Groups to Differential Equations, Springer, New York (1986).Google Scholar
- 9.E. V. Ferapontov, “Hydrodynamic-type systems,” in:CRC Handbook of Lie Group Analysis of Differential Equations (N. H. Ibragimov, ed.) (Vol. 1, No. 14), CRC Press, New York (1994), pp. 303–331.Google Scholar