1H nuclear magnetic resonance determination of the yield of the transesterification of rapeseed oil with methanol
- 934 Downloads
The formation of fatty acid methyl esters by transesterification with methanol can be monitored by1H nuclear magnetic resonance spectroscopy; this accurate determination is simpler than chromatographic methods.
Key wordsDiesel fuels methyl esters NMR spectroscopy transesterification
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Levy, R.H.,Pétrole et Techniques 380:7 (1993).Google Scholar
- 2.Gateau P., J.C. Guibet, G. Hillion, and R. Stern,Revue Instit. Fr. Petrole 40:509 (1985).Google Scholar
- 3.Handbook of Analytical Methods for Fatty Acid Methyl Esters Used as Diesel Fuel Substitutes, Research Institute for Chemistry and Technology of Petroleum Products, University of Technology, Vienna, Fichte Verlag, 1994.Google Scholar
- 4.Mariani C., P. Bondioli, S. Venturini and E. Fedeli,Riv. Ital. Sost. Grasse 68:549 (1991).Google Scholar
- 5.Paquot, C., inStandard Methods for the Analysis of Oils, Fats and Derivatives, IUPAC Commission on Oils, Fats and Denrivatives, Pergamon Press, London, 1979, p. 56.Google Scholar