Features of the thermally stressed state of a rock mass with flame-jet drilling taking account of thermal changes in its physical properties
- 30 Downloads
A detailed calculation has been carried out for the thermal and stressed-strained state of a solid mass, in particular rock, for temperature dependences of only thermal conductivity coefficient λ(θ), thermal expansion coefficient, α(θ), and Young's modulus E(θ), and also with combined dependence of them. Comparison of these calculations with the case of constant values λ0, α0, Eo  showed that the latter appear to be very close to the most accurate calculation with λ(θ), α(θ), E(θ). Consideration of the dependence on temperature alone for individual properties may lead to more serious deviations.
KeywordsRock Mass PETN Thermal Conductivity Coefficient Specific Explosive Consumption Moscow Mining Institute
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. Muki and S. Breuer, “Coupling effects in a transient thermoelastic problem,” Osterr. Ingr. Arch.,16, No. 4 (1962).Google Scholar
- 2.B. A. Boley and J. H. Weiner, Theory of Thermal Stresses, Wiley, New York (1960).Google Scholar
- 3.A. P. Dmitriev, I. D. Kill', and O. N. Tretyakov, “Physical basis for evaluating the thermal breakability of rocks,” in: New Physical Methods for Breaking Mineral Materials [in Russian], Nedra, Leningrad (1970).Google Scholar
- 4.L. S. Dudoladov, “Some problems of thermal conductivity and quasistatic thermoelasticity theory with application of them to the problem of flame-jet drilling of rocks,” Author's Abstr. Cand. Diss., Izd. IDG SO AN SSSR, Novosibirsk (1969).Google Scholar
- 5.L. N. Germanovich and I. D. Kill', “Thermal stresses in an elastic half-space,” Zh. Prikl. Mekh. Tekh. Fiz., No. 3 (1983).Google Scholar
- 6.A. P. Dmitriev and S. A. Goncharov, Thermal and Combined Breaking of Rocks [in Russian], Nedra, Moscow (1978).Google Scholar
- 7.A. Ya. Kolodko, “Thermally stressed state and breaking of a rock mass with nonuniform surface heating,” Zh. Prikl. Mekh. Tekh., No. 5 (1983).Google Scholar
- 8.N. V. Chugainov, A. A. Glayas, and A. A. Larkina, “Thermomechanical stresses in rocks,” in: Thermomechanical Methods of Breaking Rocks, Part 2 [in Russian], Naukova Dumka, Kiev (1972).Google Scholar
- 9.A. P. Dmitriev, L. S. Kuzyaev, Yu. I. Protasoy and V. S. Yamshchikov, Physical Properties of Rocks at High Temperatures [in Russian], Nedra, Moscow (1969).Google Scholar
- 10.G. L. Polkhov, G. I. Dobrovol'skii, and G. A. Yanchenko, “Features of heat exchange from a gas jet to rock with flame-jet drilling,” in: Physical and Chemical Processes of Rock Production [in Russian], MGI, Moscow (1971).Google Scholar