The computation of long geodesics on the ellipsoid through Gaussian quadrature
- 88 Downloads
Formulas for computing geodesics on the bi-axial ellipsoid through Gaussian quadrature are shown; the estimation of computational errors, truncation and roundoff errors, for the quadrature is carried out; and test examples found in  together with those which consist of near anti-podal points on the neighborhood of the equator, are computed with the evaluation of the computational errors.
KeywordsAzimuth Truncation Error Gaussian Quadrature Computational Error Decimal Digit
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- P.J. DAVIS and P. RABINOWITZ:Methods of Numerical Integration, Academic Press, 1975.Google Scholar
- R.H. RAPP:Geometric Geodesy, Vol. II (Advanced Technique), 1975, The Ohio State University.Google Scholar
- J. YAMANOUCHIet al,: Numerical Calculus for Computers III, (in Japanese), Baifukan Tokyo, pp. 279–301, 1971.Google Scholar
- T. VINCENTY:Direct and inverse Solutions of Geodesics with the Application of Nested Equations, Survey Review No. 176, 1975 and his letters to the author.Google Scholar
- S.D. CONTE:Elementary Numerical Analysis, McGraw-Hill Book Company, 1965, p. 84. p. 19, and p. 25.Google Scholar