The computation of long geodesics on the ellipsoid through Gaussian quadrature
Formulas for computing geodesics on the bi-axial ellipsoid through Gaussian quadrature are shown; the estimation of computational errors, truncation and roundoff errors, for the quadrature is carried out; and test examples found in  together with those which consist of near anti-podal points on the neighborhood of the equator, are computed with the evaluation of the computational errors.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- P.J. DAVIS and P. RABINOWITZ:Methods of Numerical Integration, Academic Press, 1975.Google Scholar
- R.H. RAPP:Geometric Geodesy, Vol. II (Advanced Technique), 1975, The Ohio State University.Google Scholar
- J. YAMANOUCHIet al,: Numerical Calculus for Computers III, (in Japanese), Baifukan Tokyo, pp. 279–301, 1971.Google Scholar
- T. VINCENTY:Direct and inverse Solutions of Geodesics with the Application of Nested Equations, Survey Review No. 176, 1975 and his letters to the author.Google Scholar
- S.D. CONTE:Elementary Numerical Analysis, McGraw-Hill Book Company, 1965, p. 84. p. 19, and p. 25.Google Scholar