A new method for the preparation of68Ga-generators following proton bombardment of gallium oxide targets
- 49 Downloads
A method of preparing a68Ge/68Ga generator directly from an irradiated target of Ga2O3 is discussed, which utilises an ion exchange column containing hydrous zirconium oxide (HZO). A yield of 30–40% of68Ga is reported with a breakthrough of68Ge as low as one part in 105. The leakage of stable zirconium from the column may be a problem for routine clinical use and this is being investigated further.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 2.R. O. NEIRINCKX, M. A. DAVIS, J. Nucl. Med., 21 (1980) 81.Google Scholar
- 3.C. LOC’H et al., J. Nucl. Med., 21 (1980) 171.Google Scholar
- 5.N. N. KRASNOV, in “Uses of Cyclotrons in Chemistry, Metallurgy and Biology”, C. B. AMPHLETT (Ed.), Butterworths, London, 1969, p. 159.Google Scholar
- 6.J. A. MARTIN, Nucleonics, March (1955) 28.Google Scholar
- 7.R. O. NEIRINCKX, M. A. DAVIS, J. Nucl. Med., 20 (1979) 1075.Google Scholar
- 8.K. V. MALYSHEV, Radiokhimiya, 17 (1975) 137.Google Scholar
- 10.C. B. AAMPHLETT, in “Inorganic Ion Exchangers”, Elsevier, Amsterdam, 1964, p. 89.Google Scholar