The effect of diluents on the extraction of rare earth elements by methyl-n-diheptylamine nitrate
The extraction of microquantities of rare earth elements (REE) by methyl-n-diheptylamine solution in mesitylene, p-xylene, toluene, benzene and nitrobenzene has been examined. The parameter measuring the solvation of extractant in aqueous and organic phases has been suggested to describe quantitatively the influence of diluents on the extraction of REE. It was found that in spite of the considerable influence of diluents under investigation on the extraction of REE by methyl-n-diheptylamine nitrate the stoichiometry of the extracting reactions of these elements has been the same for all diluents. It has been shown that in general the consideration of the interaction of the extractant and diluents only is not sufficient to explain the regularities of their influence on the efficiency of the separation of REE nitrates.
KeywordsNitrobenzene Mesitylene Cerium Nitrate Rare Earth Element Amine Salt
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. M. ROZEN, V. G. YURKIN, D. A. FEDOSEEV, Chemistry of Extracting Processes, Nauka, Leningrad 1972.Google Scholar
- 2.V. S. TITOV, M. Phil. Thesis, Leningrad, 1974.Google Scholar
- 3.V. P. SHVEDOV, A. A. KOPYRIN, V. S. TITOV, (in the press).Google Scholar
- 4.V. S. SHMIDT, Extraction with Amines, Atomizdat, Moskow, 1970.Google Scholar
- 5.YU. G. FROLOV, A. V. OCHKIN, V. V. SERGIEVSKY, Some Theoretical Problems of Extraction by Amines, MKhTI im. Mendeleyeva, Moscow, 1969.Google Scholar