Nature and degree of distortion of TiO2 (Anatase) surface octahedra upon formation of Ti3+ ions
- 144 Downloads
We show that in the transition from Ti(IV) to Ti(III), on the surface of anatase the TiO6/3 octahedra undergo compressive tetragonal distortion. The axial Ti−O bond length in the octahedron decreases in this case by at least 0.0027 nm.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 3.M. Che, C. Naccache, B. Imelik, and M. Prette,Compt. Rend. Acad. Sci. C,264, No. 9, 768–771 (1967).Google Scholar
- 5.Ya. V. Goroshchenko,The Chemistry of Titanium [in Russian], Ch. 2, Nauk. Dumka, Kiev (1972).Google Scholar
- 7.F. A. Cotton and G. Wilkinson,Modern Inorganic Chemistry [Russian translation], Vol. 3, Mir, Moscow (1969).Google Scholar
- 8.R. S. Drago,Physical Methods in Chemistry [Russian translation], Vol. 2, Mir, Moscow (1981).Google Scholar
- 9.A. Abragam and B. Bleaney,Electron Paramagnetic Resonance of Transtion Ions [Russian translation], Vol. 1, Mir Moscow (1972).Google Scholar