Rainfalls during great Forbush decreases
- 21 Downloads
The changes of rainfall values during great Forbush decreases recorded by the low-latitudinal neutron monitor of Huancayo (47 events from 1956 through 1992) were examined. The data on precipitations were taken from the State of São Paulo and from the Amazonian region, Brazil. As a rule, the data from more than 50 meteorological stations were used for each events. The main result is the following: during strong decreases of cosmic-ray flux in the atmosphere (great Forbush decreases) the precipitation value is decreased. The effect of rainfall changes is seen more distinctly if wet seasons are considered.
PACS 92.60.JqWater in the atmosphere humidity clouds evaporation precipitation
PACS 96.40Cosmic rays
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Njan E. C.,Nuovo Cimento C,15 (1992) 17.Google Scholar
- Tinsley B. A., Brown G. M. andSherrer P. A.,J. Geophys. Res.,94 (1989) 783.Google Scholar
- Tinsley B. A. andDeen G. W.,J. Geophys. Res.,96 (1991) 283.Google Scholar
- Vitinsky Yu. I., Ohl A. I. andSasonov B. I.,The Sun and the Earth's Atmosphere (Hydrometeoisdat, Leningrad, USSR, 1976).Google Scholar
- Stozhkov Yu. I., Zullo J. jr.,Martin I. M., Pellegrino G. Q., Pinto H. S., Bezerra P. C., Bazilevskaya G. A., Machmutov V. S., Svirzevsky N. S. andTurtelli A. jr.,Izv. Akad. Nauk,59 (1995) 129.Google Scholar
- Bazilevskaya G. A., Krajnev M. B., Stozhkov Yu. I., Svirzhevskaya A. K. andSvirzhevsky N. S.,Proceedings of the XXIII International Cosmic Ray Conference, Calgary, Canada (1993), p. 601.Google Scholar
- Shea M. A., Smart D. F., Swinson D. B. andWilson M. D.,Proceedings of the XXIII International Cosmic Ray Conference, Calgary, Canada (1993), p. 735.Google Scholar
- Keesy, R. G.,J. Geophys. Res.,94 (1989) 683.Google Scholar