Unit systems and the fundamental constants
- 28 Downloads
Electromagnetism is considered as an example of how the meanings of the fundamental constants are dependent on the unit system. The constants are classified. There is a discussion of the application of the CGS and SI systems in theory and practice.
KeywordsPhysical Quantity Basic Unit Magnetic Permeability Universal Constant Current Strength
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.D. V. Sivukhin, Usp. Fiz. Nauk,129, 335 (1979).Google Scholar
- 2.Yu. B. Kobzarev and M. V. Nezlin, Usp. Fiz. Nauk,129, 351 (1979).Google Scholar
- 3.G. M. Trunov, Izmer. Tekh., No. 1, 25 (1983).Google Scholar
- 5.A. A. Pinskii, Izmer. Tekh., No. 9, 10 (1981).Google Scholar
- 7.All-Union State Standard 8.417-81: The State System of Measurements: Units for Physical Quantities [in Russian].Google Scholar