Alkylation of cobalt and lutetium tetra(3,5-di-tert-butyl-4-hydroxyphenyl)dodecachlorophthalocyanine complexes initiated with current
- 28 Downloads
Electrochemical properties of tetra(3,5-di-tert-butyl-4-hydroxyphenyl)dodecachlorophthalocyanine complexes of cobalt(II) and lutetium(III) in DMF solutions have been studied. It was suggested that in the presence ofn-butyl bromide, the electrochemically generated monoanionic complexes undergo alkylation at the metal atom. The geometries of the neutral and anionic complexes were calculated by the ZINDO/I semiempirical method.
Key wordscobalt lutetium tetra (3,5-di-tert-butyl-4-hydroxyphenyl)dodecachlorophthalocyanines calculation of molecular structures electrochemical reduction alkylation of reduced forms
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. D. Rakhimov, E. R. Milaeva, O. V. Polyakova, and K. P. Butin,Izv. Akad. Nauk, Ser. Khim., 1994, 309 [Russ. Chem. Bull., 1994,43, 289 (Engl. Transl.)].Google Scholar
- 2.P. J. Craig, inOrganometallic Compounds in the Environment, Ed. P. J. Craig, Longman, Harlow, 1986, Ch. 8.Google Scholar
- 4.K. M. Kadish, inRedox Chemistry and Interfacial Behavior of Biological Molecules, Eds. G. Dryhurst and K. Niki, Plenum, New York, 1988, 27.Google Scholar
- 6.S. D. Kolnin, A. V. Postnikov, S. V. Koroleva, E. N. Lebedeva, and E. R. Milaeva,Izv. Akad. Nauk. Ser. Khim., 1994, 2249 [Russ. Chem. Bull., 1994,43, 2129 (Engl. Transl.)]; E. R. Milaeva, I. N. Chechulina, and Yu. G. Bundel',Vestn. Mosk. Univ., Ser. 2: Khim. [Moscow University Bulletin, Div. Chem.], 1989,30, 385 (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 7.F. A. Cotton and G. Wilkinson,Advanced Inorganic Chemistry, Wiley, New York, 1988.Google Scholar
- 8.W. P. Anderson, W. D. Edwards, and M. C. Zerner,Inorg. Chem., 1986,25, 2787.Google Scholar
- 10.R. Mason, G. A. Williams, and B. N. Figgis,J. Chem. Soc., Dalton Transl., 1979, 676.Google Scholar
- 11.G. A. Williams, B. N. Figgis, R. Mason, S. A. Mason, and P. Filding,J. Chem. Soc., Dalton Trans., 1980, 1688.Google Scholar
- 12.A. B. P. Lever, E. R. Milaeva, and G. Speier, inPhthalocyanines, Properties and Applications, Eds. A. B. P. Lever and C. C. Leznoff, VCH Publ., New York, 1993,3, 1.Google Scholar