Peculiar features of sorption of positional isomers of formyl-, acetyl-, and aminopyridines in capillary gas-liquid chromatography
- 32 Downloads
The GLC retention parameters of α-, β-, and γ-isomers of formyl-, acetyl-, and aminopyridines were determined on two columns with stationary phases of different polarities. The contributions of formyl, acetyl, methyl, and amino groups located in the α-, β-, and γ-positions of the ring to the retention indices were calculated. The contributions of these groups to the retention were found to depend on their positions with respect to the N atom of the ring and are the smallest for α-substituents. The difference between pyridines containing electron-withdrawing substituents and those containing electron-donating substituents is manifested as different orders of elution of α-, β-, and γ-derivatives. The distinctions between the GLC behaviors of pyridines, benzenes, and furans with the same substituents were identified.
Key wordscapillary gas-liquid chromatography, retention indices substituted pyridines, positional isomers
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.M. Novrocikova, J. Novrocik, and J. Vimetal,Collect. Czech. Chem. Commun., 1983,48, 3270.Google Scholar
- 3.I. L. Zhuravleva, M. B. Terenina, V. V. Shenderyuk, and R. V. Golovnya,Zh. Anal. Khim., 1990,45, 722 [Sov. J. Anal. Chem., 1990,45 (Engl. Transl.)].Google Scholar
- 4.V. Zimmermann and G. Jager,Chem. Techn. (Leipzig), 1990,42, 117.Google Scholar
- 5.G. Dafayes, K. S. Reddy, A. Dalles, and E. sz. Kovats,J. Chromatogr., 1995,699, 130.Google Scholar
- 8.Catalog Handbook of Fine Chemicals Aldrich, Aldrich Chemical Company, Wisconsin, 1990, 2150.Google Scholar
- 9.O. A. Osipov and V. I. Minkin,Spravochnik po dipol'nym momentam [Handbook on Dipole Moments], Vysshaya Shkola, Moscow, 1965, 264 pp. (in Russian).Google Scholar
- 10.W. O. McReynolds,Gas Chromatographic Retention Data, Preston Technical Abstracts Company, Evanston (Illinois), 1966.Google Scholar
- 12.T. A. Misharina, I. V. Beletskii, and R. V. Golovnya,Izv. Akad. Nauk, Ser. Khim., 1994, 70 [Russ. Chem. Bull., 1994,43, 64 (Engl. Transl.)].Google Scholar
- 13.Handbook of Heterocyclic Chemistry, Ed. A. R. Katritzky, FRS, Pergamon Press, Oxford, 1985, 542 pp.Google Scholar