An equation for the calculation of retention indices in temperature-programmed gas chromatography with allowance for the nonlinear variation of the retention parameters ofn-alkanes
- 88 Downloads
In view of the nonlinear variation of the temperature increments ofn-alkanes found previously, the accuracy of the calculations of the retention indices (I pr) of substances in temperature-programmed capillary gas chromatography carried out in terms of six known equations was verified. A new four-parameter equation was proposed, and a general method for the calculation of its coefficients, suitable for all stationary phases, based on the adjusted retention times ofn-alkanes was suggested. The coefficients of the equation for 12 temperature variation programs were determined. Using the homologous series of methyl esters of fatty acids as an example, it was shown that the proposed equation ensures the minimum error of determination ofI pr under various conditions. The equation also makes it possible to carry out interpolation and extrapolation calculations. The coefficients of the equation are found using the least-squares method based on data for any 4–5 referencen-alkanes.
Key wordscapillary gas chromatography linear temperature programming nonlinear equation for calculation of retention indices n-alkanes methyl esters of fatty acids
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 5.R. V. Golovnya, A. L. Samusenko, and V. A. Lyapin,Zh. Anal. Khim., 1988,43,311 [Sov. J. Anal. Chem., 1988,43 (Engl. Transl.)].Google Scholar
- 6.D. N. Grigor'eva, R. V. Golovnya, and A. L. Samusenko,Izv. Akad. Nauk, Ser. Khim., 1994, 642 [Russ. Chem. Bull., 1994,43, 591 (Engl. Transl.)].Google Scholar
- 7.J. C. Giddings, inGas Chromatography, Eds. N. Brenner, J. E. Gallen, and M. D. Weiss, Academic Press, New York, 1962, 57.Google Scholar
- 10.R. V. Golovnya and V. P. Uraletz,J. Chromatogr., 1968,36, 276.Google Scholar
- 14.R. E. Kaiser and A. J. Rackstraw,Computer Chromatography,1, Huthig, Heidelberg, 1984.Google Scholar
- 15.R. V. Golovnya, T. A. Misharina, and V. G. Garbuzov,Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 1980, 2503 [Bull. Acad. Sci. USSR, Div. Chem. Sci., 1980,29, 1765 (Engl. Transl.)].Google Scholar
- 16.R. V. Golovnya, D. N. Grigor'eva, and I. L. Zhuravleva,Izv. Akad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim., 1981, 1825 [Bull. Acad. Sci. USSR, Div. Chem. Sci., 1981,30 (Engl. Transl.)].Google Scholar