Preparation and characterization ofp-tert-butyl-calixarene-bonded silica gel stationary phase for high-performance liquid chromatography
For the first time calixarene has been chemically combined with silica gel via a longer spacer to prepare calixarene-bonded silica gel stationary phase for high-performance liquid chromatography (HPLC). The separation of positional isomers and polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons on the calixarene-bonded phase was achieved with methanol-water as mobile phase. Some nucleosides were also separated on the bonded phase. The reversed-phase chromatographic performance of the bonded phase was studied. The results showed that the calixarene-bonded phase was highly hydrophobic. A possible separation mechanism has been proposed.
Key WordsColumn liquid chromatography Calixarene Positional isomers PAHs Nucleosides
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- A. Mangia, A. Pochini, R. Ungaro, G. D. Andreetti, Anal. Lett.16, 1027 (1983).Google Scholar
- Z. L. Zhong, C. P. Tang, C. Y. Wu, Y. Y. Chen, J. Chem. Soc. Chem. Commun. 1737 (1995).Google Scholar
- J. D. Glennon, K. O'Connor, S. Srijaranai, K. Manley, S. J. Harris, M. A. Mckervey, Anal. Lett.26, 153 (1993).Google Scholar
- J. D. Glennon, E. Home, K. O'Connor, G. Kearney, S. J. Harris, M. A. Mckervey, Anal. Proc.31, 33 (1994).Google Scholar
- G. Arena, A. Casnati, A. Contino, L. Mirone, D. Sciotto, R. Ungaro, J. Chem. Soc. Chem. Commun. 2277 (1996).Google Scholar
- G. J. Krauss, S. Gebauer, S. Friebe, 13th Int. Symp. on HPLC of Proteins, Peptides and Polynucleotides, Nov. 30–Dec. 3, Poster No. 206, San Francisco (1993).Google Scholar
- S. Friebe, S. Gebauer, G. J. Krauss, J. Chromatogr. Sci.33, 281 (1995).Google Scholar
- Shi-Lu Da, Wei-Ghua Yue, Yu-Feng Wen, Hui-Ling Da, Zhong-Hua Wang, Anal. Chim. Acta299, 234 (1994).Google Scholar
- W. Xu, Master Degree Thesis, Wuhan University, 1997.Google Scholar
- Da Shi-lu, Zhang Yuan-wei, Wang Zhong-hua, Chem. J. Chinese Univ.16, 1219 (1995).Google Scholar
- C. A. Hunter, Angew. Chem.105, 1653 (1993).Google Scholar