Influence of radiation-induced clusters on transport properties of silicon
- 26 Downloads
A calculation method for the scattering cross-section σ of charged carriers on radiation-induced cluster defects has been developed using a spherical cluster model with rectangular potential barrier shape, of radius and height of 15 nm and 0.6 eV, respectively. Values of the cluster cross-section around 2·10−11 cm2 have been obtained for charged carrier energies from 10−4 eV to over 600 eV. Applying the relaxation-time approximation of the Boltzmann equation, the influence of clusters on silicon transport properties has been observed to be close to the acoustic-phonon one. The dependence of the Hall factor on radiation-induced clusters has been determined numerically for temperatures ranging from 5 K to 400 K. The results indicate that the presence of clusters of such dimensions would not change significantly the Hall coefficientRH.
PACS 72.20Conductivity phenomena in semiconductors and insulators
PACS 71.10General theories and computational techniques (including many-body perturbation theory, density-functional theory, atomic sphere approximation methods, Fourier decomposition methods, etc.)
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Borchi E. andBruzzi M.,Riv. Nuovo Cimento,17, No. 11 (1994).Google Scholar
- Lugakov P. F.,Sov. Phys. Semicond.,19 (1985) 2014.Google Scholar
- Bertolotti M.,Radiation Effects in Semiconductors, Proceedings of Santa Fe Conference, edited byF. L. Vock (Plenum Press, New York, N.Y.) 1968, p. 311.Google Scholar
- CMS Technical Proposal, CERN Internal Report CERN-LHCC/P1 and Atlas Technical Proposal, CERN Internal Report CERN-LHCC/P2 (1994).Google Scholar
- Landau L. andLifshitz E.,Quantum Mechanics (Pergamon Press) 1965.Google Scholar
- Kireev P. S.,Semiconductor Physics (MIR Publishers, Moscow) 1974.Google Scholar
- Blood P. andOrton J. W.,The Electrical Characterization of Semiconductors: Majority Carriers and Electron States, edited byN. H. March (Academic Press, London) 1992.Google Scholar
- Biggeri U., Borchi E., Bruzzi M. andLazanu S.,Annealing effects on resistivity and Hall coefficient of neutron irradiated silicon, presented at theIV International Conference on Advanced Electronics and Particle Physics, Villa Olmo, Como, October 3–7, 1994, Nucl. Phys. B, Proc. Suppl.,44 (1995) 496.Google Scholar