A new hybrid quadrilateral finite element for mindlin plate
- 20 Downloads
In this paper a new quadrilateral plate element concerning the effect of transverse shear strain has been presented. It is derived from the hybrid finite element model based on the principles of virtual work. The outstanding advantage of this element is to use more rational trial functions of the displacements. For this reason, every variety of plate deformation can be simulated really while the least degrces of freedom is employed. A wide range of numerical tests was conducted and the results illustrate that this element has a very wide application scape to the thickness of plates and satisfactory accuracy can be obtained by coarse mesh for all kinds of examples.
Key wordshybrid finite element Mindlin plate zero-energy mode eigenvalue test
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Ding H. J., W. Y. Zhou and L. B. Shun, A new finite element for plate,Acta Mechanica Sinica,18, 5 (1986). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Robert, D. Cook,Concept and Application of Finite Element Analysis. Translated by Department of Math. and Mech., Dalian Institute of Technology (1978). (Chinese version)Google Scholar
- Zhang, J. Y. and H. Y. Yang, A simple formulation of the hybrid. model of finite element,J. Tianjin University, Sup. 2 (1984). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Crisfield, M. A., A four-node thin-plate bending element using shear constraints—A modified version of Lyon’s element,Compt. Meth. Appl. Eng.,38 (1983).Google Scholar
- Yang, H. Y. and J. Y. Zhang,A 9-Dof Triangular Compatible Finite Element for Plate with Wide Applicable Range to the Thickness, Branch of Scientific Research, Tianjin University (1979). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Tessler, Alexander, A prior identification of shear locking and stiffening in triangular Mindlin element,Compt. Meth. Appl. Mech. Eng.,53 (1985).Google Scholar
- Xie, Y. Q. and F. B. He,Finite Element Method in Elastic and Plastic Mechanics, The Publishing House of Mechanical Industry (1982). (in Chinese)Google Scholar
- Salerno, V. L. and M. A. Goldberg, Effect of shear deformations on the bending of rectangular plates,J. A. M.,27, 1 (1960).Google Scholar
- Timoshenko, S.,Theory of Plate and Shell, Science Press (1977). (Chinese version)Google Scholar
- Chang, F. V., Cantilever rectangular plate under uniform load,Appl. Math. and Mech. (English Ed.),1, 3 (1980), 371–383.Google Scholar