Effect of ozone on lipid peroxidation in rat hearts isolated against the background of clinical death
Clinical death of outbred albino rats ensues after rapid blood loss due to a cut in the coronary coronary artery. Five minutes later, the isolated heart is perfused with ozonized Krebs-Henseleit solution. The activity of the antioxidant system in the heart is increased compared with that during routine oxygenation. The intensity of lipid peroxidation assessed by the intensity of chemiluminescence and the amount of lipid peroxidation products is significantly decreased during ozonization.
Key Wordsozone isolated heart clinical death lipid peroxidation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.E. A. Demurov and V. A. Ignatova,Metabolic and Neurohumoral. Mechanisms of Ischemic Damage to the Myocardium [in Russian], Moscow (1985).Google Scholar
- 2.K. N. Kontorshchikova,Lipid Peroxidation in the Correction of Hypoxic Disorders Caused by Physical and Chemical Factors, Abstract of Doctoral thesis [in Russian], St. Petersburg (1992).Google Scholar
- 3.E. I. Kuz'mina, L. S. Nelyubin, and M. K. Shchennikova, in:Biochemistry and Biophysics of Microorganisms [in Russian], Gorki (1986), pp. 41–48.Google Scholar
- 4.L. D. Luk'yanova, B. S. Balmukhanov, and A. T. Ugolev,Oxygen-Dependent Processes in the Cell and its Functional State [in Russian], Moscow (1982).Google Scholar
- 5.F. Z. Meerson,Pathogenesis and Prevention of Stress-Induced and Ischemic Damage to the Heart [in Russian], Moscow (1984).Google Scholar
- 6.V. A. Negovskii, A. M. Gurvich, and E. S. Zolotokrylina,Postreanimation Disease [in Russian], Moscow (1979).Google Scholar
- 7.S. P. Peretyagin,Pathophysiological Basis for Ozone Therapy during the Posthemorrhagic Period [in Russian], Abstract of Doctoral thesis, Kazan (1991).Google Scholar
- 10.S. H. Rilling and R. Viebahn,Praxis der Ozon-Sauerstoff-Therapie, Heidelberg (1990).Google Scholar
- 11.F. S. Shenstone, in:Ultraviolet and Visible Spectroscopy of Lipids, New York (1971), pp. 77–91.Google Scholar
- 12.J. B. Smith and C. M. Ingerman,J. Lab. Clin. Med.,83, № 1, 167–172 (1975).Google Scholar