Induction of immune response to plasma lipoproteins with C-reactive protein
- 26 Downloads
Purified C-reactive protein induces the production of autoantibodies to lipoprotein B-containing lipoproteins in animals. This is due to a C-reactive protein idiotype that permits the, interference of C-reactive protein in the idiotype-anti-idiotypical immunological reactions and stimulation of autoimmune response to lipoproteins.
Key WordsC-reactive protein low-and very low-density lipoproteins autoantibodies idiotype-anti-idiotypic regulation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.L. S. Kositskaya, B. N. Sofronov, and T. G. Shemerovskaya,Immunologiya, No. 3, 16–17 (1990).Google Scholar
- 2.P. G. Nazarov, A. V. Polevshchikov, L. K. Berestovaya,et al., Byull. Eksp. Biol. Med.,116, No. 12, 609–611 (1993).Google Scholar
- 3.N. K. Jerne, C. Henry, and A. A. Nordin, in:Methods in Immunology and Immunochemistry, eds. C. A. Williamset al., New York (1976), Vol. 5, pp. 335–370.Google Scholar
- 4.F. T. Lindgren, in:Analysis, of Lipids and Lipoproteins, New York (1975), pp. 204–224.Google Scholar
- 8.W. E. Parish,Clin. Allergy,6, 432–550 (1976).Google Scholar