Effect of ozone on the liver in experimental chronic hepatitis
- 29 Downloads
Short-term administration of ozonized physiological solution to rats with chronic toxic hepatitis reduces the content of total lipids in the liver tissue, activates antioxidant enzymes, normalizes the level of diene conjugates, and reliably increases adenosine nucleotides, the number of normal hepatocytes being increased 2.2-fold. The data suggest that ozone can be used as a stimulator of regeneration of the pathologically altered liver.
Key Wordsexperimental chronic hepatitis ozone regeneration
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.G. N. Ivanova and L. N. Rubel',Zh. Evoluts. Biokhim.,5, 279–287 (1969).Google Scholar
- 2.K. N. Kontorshchikova,Lipid Peroxidation in Physico-Chemical Correction of Hypoxic Disturbances, Abstr. of PhD Thesis [in Russian], St. Petersburg (1992).Google Scholar
- 3.K. N. Kontorshchikova, I. M. Solopaeva, and S. P. Peretyagin,The Use of Ozonized Physiological Saline as a Regeneration Stimulator. Pat. 94-008835/14 (8908) of March 5, 1994.Google Scholar
- 4.E. I. Kuz'mina, L. S. Nelyubin, and M. K. Shchenikova, in:Biochemistry and Biophysics of Microorganisms [in Russian], Moscow (1986), pp. 41–48.Google Scholar
- 5.S. P. Peretyagin,Pathophysiological Bases of Ozone therapy in Posthemorrhagic Period, Abstract of PhD Thesis [in Russian], Kazan (1991), p. 37.Google Scholar
- 6.S. P. Peretyagin and K. N. Kontorshchikova,A Method of Activation of the Antioxidant Systems of the Organism, Pat. 4927153/14 of April 11, 1991.Google Scholar
- 7.I. M. Salopaeva and B. P. Salopaev,Stimulation of Regeneration of Pathologically Changed Liver and Chorionic Gonadotropin [in Russian], Nizhny Novgorod (1991).Google Scholar
- 8.H. Aebi, in:Methoden der Enzimatischen Analyses, H. U. Bergmayer (Ed.), Vol. 2, Berlin (1970), pp. 636–647.Google Scholar
- 11.J. B. Smith and C. M. Ingerman,J. Lab. Clin. Med.,83, No. 1, 167–172 (1975).Google Scholar
- 12.F. S. Shenstone, in:Ultraviolet and Visible Spectroscopy of Lipids, New York (1971), pp. 77–91.Google Scholar
- 13.H. U. Wolf, in:Das Medizinische Ozone, Berlin (1977), p. 583.Google Scholar