Morphological and functional characteristics of human pituitary lactotrophic adenomas in cell cultures
- 23 Downloads
Some features of the morphological cellular structure of prolactin secreting human pituitary adenomas and their secretion of prolactin and somatotropic hormone in primary suspension cultures were investigated. A possiblein vitro proliferation of lactotrophs was established. The inhibitory effect of somatostatin and its synthetic analog sandostatin, on prolactin secretion in prolactinomas was found to be less than in somatotropic hormone-secreting pituitary tumors.
Key Wordsprolactin somatotropic hormone pituitary adenoma
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.A. A. Bulatov, G. P. Elizarova, T. A. Osipova,et al., Human Growth Hormone [in Russian], Pushchino (1988), pp. 64–69.Google Scholar
- 2.A. A. Bulatov, I. S. Komolov, N. B. Smirnova,et al., Byull. Eksp. Biol. Med.,113, No 4, 406–409 (1992).Google Scholar
- 3.I. I. Dedov and G. A. Mel'nichenko, in:Persistent Lactorrhea Amenorrhea [in Russian], Moscow (1985).Google Scholar
- 4.I. S. Komolov, L. G. Morozova, I. Fazekash,et al., Byull. Eksp. Biol. Med.,85, No 2, 215–217 (1978).Google Scholar
- 5.I. S. Komolov, A. A. Bulatov, S. Yu. Serpukhovitin,et al.,,113, No 4, 421–424 (1992).Google Scholar