QRS wave detection
- 367 Downloads
A QRS complex detector based on optimum predetection with a matched filter is described. In order to improve the accuracy of the QRS complex recognition under conditions of Gaussian noise and variable QRS amplitude, the first derivative of the e.c.g. was used with zero threshold detection. In addition, two nonlinear circuits cut off low amplitude noise and all spikes which appear for a fixed time after QRS detection. Calculation of errors shows that differentiation reduces Gaussian error by √6 and errors caused by variable QRS amplitudes are close to zero. This detector is especially useful with biotelemetry systems since it reduces many interferences due to patient movement and communication channel distortion.
KeywordsElectrocardiogram Heart rate R-wave
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Clynes, M. andMilsum, J. H. (1970)Biomedical engineering systems, McGraw-Hill, New York.Google Scholar
- Goevaerts, H. H., Ros, H. H., van Den Akker, T. J. andSchneider, H. (1976) A digital QRS detector based on the principle of contour limiting.IEEE Trans.,BME-23, 154–160.Google Scholar
- Grove, T. M., Murthy, V. K., Harvey, G. A. andHaywood, L. J. (1978) Comparison of R-R interval prediction models.Med. Instrum.,12, 293–295.Google Scholar
- Gustafson, D., Willsky, A., Wang, Jyh-Yun, Lancaster, M. andTriebwasser, J. (1978) ECG/VCG rhythm diagnosis using statistical signal analysis, Parts I and II.IEEE Trans.,BME-25, 344–361.Google Scholar
- Hacke, M. andVermeike, P. (1974) A low-cost general purpose analogue QRS wave detector.Med. & Biol. Eng. & Comput.,12, 823–826.Google Scholar
- Rompelman, O., Coenen, A. J. R. M. andSaat, R. G. (1977) A special purpose computer for on-line statistical analysis of the heart rate.Med. Prog. Technol.,5, 149–156.Google Scholar
- Sandman, A., Hill, D. W. andWilcock, A. H. (1973) Analogue preprocessor for the measurement by a digital computer of R-R intervals and R wave widths.Med. & Biol. Eng. & Comput.,11, 191–201.Google Scholar
- Van-Trees, H. L. (1968)Detection, Estimation and Modulation Theory. Part I, Wiley, New York, 247–253.Google Scholar
- Wajszczuk, W., Moskowitz, M., Bauld, T., Dabos, P., Weiss, R. andRubenfire, M. (1978) Noninvasive external recording of cardiac condition system (His's bundle) activity.Med. Instrum. 12 282–287.Google Scholar