Assessments of loads in the knee joint
A method of gait analysis was used to estimate the loads in the knee joint. An analysis was made of the repeatability of the measurements for a group of 72 patients. Data from 418 patients were reviewed to show the variation with coronal angle of the knee of the loading.
KeywordsForce platform Gait analysis Knee joint load
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Ellis, M. I., Seedhom, B. B., Amis, A. A., Dowson, D. andWright, V. (1979) Forces in the knee joint whilst rising from normal and motorised chairs.Eng. in Med.,8, 33–40.Google Scholar
- Evans, P. (1979) The postural function of the iliotibial tract.Ann. Roy. Coll. Surg.,61, 271–280.Google Scholar
- Johnson, F. andWaugh, W. (1979) A method for routine clinical assessment of knee joint forces.Med. & Biol. Eng. & Comput.,17, 145–154.Google Scholar
- Johnson, F. andWaugh, W. (1978) Evidence for compensatory gait in patients with a valgus knee deformity. Proceedings of Vth CIBO Symposium, Brussels.Google Scholar
- Johnson, F., Wauch, W., Oborne, J. (1978) Results from gait analysis performed routinely on patients having a wide range of knee disorders. 6th International Symposium on External Control of Human Extremities, Belgrade.Google Scholar
- Johnson, F., Leitl, S. M. andWaugh, W. (1980) The distribution of load across the knee joint.J. Bone & Joint Surg.,62B, 346–349.Google Scholar
- Kettlekamp, D. B. andChao, E-Y. (1972) A method of quantitative analysis of medial and lateral compressions at the knee during walking.Clin. Orth.,83, 202–213.Google Scholar
- Lawrence, M. (1980) Goniometric assessment of tibiofemoral alignment.B. Med. Sci. Thesis, U. Nottingham.Google Scholar
- Mann, R. A., Hagg, J. L., Whit, V. andLidell, D., (1979) The initiation of gait.J. Bone & Joint Surg.,61, 232–239.Google Scholar
- Marquet, P. (1976)Biomechanics of the knee, Springer-Verlag, New York.Google Scholar