Statistical analysis of data for three British ethnic groups from a new STR multiplex
- 207 Downloads
Data have been collected from 602 Caucasians, 190 Afro-Caribbeans and 257 Asians of Indo/Pakistani descent who have been profiled using a new six locus short tandem repeat (STR) multiplex. The data have been analysed by conventional significance testing methods: the exact test, homozygosity, and conventional goodness of fit to Hardy-Weinberg proportions. Frequency tables are given and the expected performance in British forensic casework is discussed.
Key wordsDNA STR Statistics Exact test Wahlund Hardy-Weinberg British Population genetics Caucasian Afro-Caribbean Asian
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Barber MD, Parkin BH (1996) Sequence analysis and allelic designation fo the two short tandem repeat loci D18S51 and D8S1179. Int J Legal Med (in press)Google Scholar
- DNA recommendations — 1994 report concerning further recommendations of the DNA commission of the ISFH regarding PCR-based polymorphisms in STR (short tandem repeat) systems. Int J Legal Med 107: 159–160Google Scholar
- Evett IW, Lambert JA, Buckleton JS, BS Weir (1996b) Statistical analysis of a large file of data from STR profiles of British Caucasians to support forensic casework. Int J Legal Med (in press)Google Scholar
- Gill P, Urquhart A, Millican E, Oldroyd N, Watson S, Sparkes R, Kimpton CP (1996) A new method of STR interpretation using inferential logic — development of a criminal intelligence database. Int J Legal Med (in press)Google Scholar
- Kimpton C, Oldroyd NC, Watson SK, Frazier RRE, Johnson PE, Millican ES, Urquhart A, Sparkes RL, Gill P (1996) Validation of highly discriminating multiplex short tandem repeat amplification systems for individual identification. Electrophoresis. SubmittedGoogle Scholar
- National Research Council (1996) The evaluation of forensic DNA evidence. National Academy Press, Washington DCGoogle Scholar
- Oldroyd NJ, Urquhart AJ, Kimpton CP, Millican ES, Watson SK, Frazier RRE, Gill P (1996) Development and optimisation of a highly discriminating multiplex PCR system suitble for forensic identification. In: Carracedo A, Brinkmann B, Bär W (eds) Advances in forensic haemogenetics 6. Springer, Berlin, Heidelberg New York, pp 198–200Google Scholar
- Polymeropoulos MH, Xiao Hi Rath DS, Merril CR (1991) Tetranucleotide repeat polymorphism at the human tyrosine hydrolase gene (TH). Nucleic Acids Res 19: 3753Google Scholar