Measurement of amyloglucosidase usingP-nitrophenyl β-maltoside as substrate
- 125 Downloads
An enzyme-linked assay for the measurement of amyloglucosidase in commercial enzyme mixtures and crude culture filtrates is described. A method for the synthesis of the substrate employed,p-nitrophenyl β-D-maltoside, is also described. The substrate is used in the presence of saturating levels of β-glucosidase. With a range ofAspergillus sp. culture filtrates, an excellent correlation was found for values obtained with this assay and a conventional assay employing maltose as substrate with measurement of released glucose.
KeywordsMaltose Culture Filtrate Maltotetraose Galactopyranosides Crude Culture Filtrate
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Babers, F.H. and Goebel, W.F. (1934) J.Biol.Chem. 105, 473–480.Google Scholar
- Bergmeyer, H.U., Schmidt, F. and Stork, H. (1974) Methods of Enzymatic Analysis (Bergmeyer, H.U. Ed.) Academic Press, New York, 1241–1246.Google Scholar
- Iversen, T and Johansson, R. (1979) Synthesis 823–824.Google Scholar
- Lloyd, J.B. and Whelan, W.J. (1969) J. Anal. Chem. 30, 467–470.Google Scholar
- Pazur, J.H. and Ando, T. (1959) J. Biol. Chem. 234, 1966–1970.Google Scholar
- Somogyi, M. (1952) J. Biol. Chem. 195, 19–23.Google Scholar