Deformation measurement by phase-shifting digital holography
- 296 Downloads
The out-of-plane displacement of a cantilever is measured by phase-shifting digital holography. From four phase-shifted holograms of a cantilever recorded by a CCD image sensor, a complex amplitude at each pixel of the CCD plane is obtained using the conventional phase-shifting method. The complex amplitude of a cantilever is reconstructed from the complex amplitude of the CCD plane using the Fresnel diffraction integral. The phase difference distribution on the cantilever before and after deformation, i.e., the out-of-plane displacement distribution, is calculated. In order to decrease the effect of speckle noise, a new method using divided holograms is proposed. The theory and experimental results are shown.
Key WordsPhase-shifting digital holography holographic interferometry displacement measurement out-of-plane displacement speckle noise reduction
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Valery, P.S., Vladimir, S.P., Sergey, A.N., Vitaly, V.B., Igor, N.O., andMikhail, M.B., Strain and Stress Analysis by Holographic and Speckle Interferometry, Wiley, New York (1996).Google Scholar
- 2.Kobayashi, A.S., Handbook on Experimental Mechanics, 2nd edition, VCH Publishers, New York (1993).Google Scholar
- 5.Javidi, B. andNomura, T., “Securing Information by Use of Digital Holography,”Optics Letters,25(1),28–30 (2000).Google Scholar
- 6.Yamaguchi, I., andZhang, T., “Phase-shifting Digital Holography,”Optics Letters,22(16),1268–1270 (1997).Google Scholar
- 7.Zhang, T. andYamaguchi, I., “Three-dimensional Microscopy with Phase-shifting Digital Holography,”Optics Letters,23(15),1221–1223 (1998).Google Scholar
- 8.Yamaguchi, I., Kato, J., Ohta, S., andMizuno, J., “Image Formation in Phase-shifting Digital Holography and Applications to Microscopy,”Applied Optics,40(34),6177–6186 (2001).Google Scholar
- 10.Yamaguchi, I., Matsuki, T., andKato, J., “Phase-shifting Color Digital Holography,”Optics Letters 27(13),1108–1110 (2002).Google Scholar
- 11.Hung, M.Y.Y., Lin, L., andShang, H.M., “Simple Method for Direct Determination of Bending Strains by Use of Digital Holography,”Applied Optics,40(25),4514–4518 (2001).Google Scholar