Su talune disequazioni variazionali ellittiche non lineari del secondo ordine
- 18 Downloads
In this note, making use of a result of J. L. Lions, we examine some non linear elliptic variational inequalities defined on domains which may be unbounded. Such variational inequalities are associated to a uniformely second order elliptic operator. We start with the derivation of an existence theorem (on bounded domains) under non coerciveness assumptions. Next we examine the convergence for the solutions of a collection of variational inequalities. To this purpose we study convergence theorems for variational inequalities associated to operators belonging to a class of abstract mapping of pseudomonotone type between Banach spaces. The solvability of some variational inequalities on unbounded domains then follows directly.
- H. Brezis,Inequations variationnelles associées à des opérateurs d'évolution, N.A.T.O. School Venise (juin 1968), pp. 249–259.Google Scholar
- F. E. Browder,Existence theorems for non-linear partial differential equations, Proc. Sympos. Pure Math.,16, American Math. Soc. (1970), pp. 1–60.Google Scholar
- D. E. Edmunds - V. B. Moscatelli - J. R. Webb,Strongly non-linear elliptic operators in unbounded domains, Publ. Math. Bordeaux (1974), pp. 6–32.Google Scholar
- P. Hess,On strongly nonlinear elliptic problems, Proc. conference in Analysis, Campinas (Brazil), 1974.Google Scholar
- J. L. Lions,Quelques méthodes de resolution des problémes aux limites non linéaires, Dunod, Gauthier-Villars (1969).Google Scholar