Union congruence in a subspace of a Finsler space
- 21 Downloads
The union curves of a Riemannian space were studied bySpringer,Misra andUpadhyay. In a Finsler space, these curves have been studied byPrakash-Behari,Sinha,Mishra-Sinha andSingh.
In the present paper, we wish to extend the concept of union curves in the Finsler space and as such the concept of union congruence has been discussed. The two types of union curves of the Finsler subspace are the particular cases of these curves. These are also generalization of union curves and union curvatures of a vector-field of Finsler space. It has also been shown that the λ-geodesics  are special case of these curves.
KeywordsRiemannian Space Union Curvature Finsler Space Union Congruence Union Curf
- R. S. Mishra,Sur certaines curbes appartenant a un sous-espace d’un espace Riemannian, Bull. des Sciences Mathematiques, 19 (1952), 1–8.Google Scholar
- N. Prakash andRambehari,Union curves and union curvatures, Nat. Inst. Sci., India, Jubilee Vol. (1960–61).Google Scholar
- C. M Prasad,On Δ curvatures and Δ geodesic principal directions of a congruence in a Finsler space, comunicated for pubblication in Rev. Fac. Sci. Uni. Istambul.Google Scholar
- U. P. Singh,Union curves and union curvatures, Ph. D. Thesis, Gorakhpur University (1967).Google Scholar
- B. B. Sinha,Union curves, Ph. D. Thesis, Gorakpur University (1962).Google Scholar