Increasing the running speed of impulse hydraulic turbines
- 25 Downloads
Vertical two-impeller impulse turbines can compete with radial-axial-type hydraulic turbines for heads H=400–500 m.
It is possible to improve impulse hydraulic turbines and increase their running speed, in order to reduce further the lower head-limit, within the range of economically feasible application.
KeywordsEnergy Source Power Generation Power Engineer Renewable Energy Source Structural Foundation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.R. E. B. Sharp, “Impulse turbines,” Mechanical Engineers Handbook, 7th edition, New York (1958).Google Scholar
- 2.Yu. U. Édel', “Operational features of the six-nozzle impulse turbine,” Énergomashinostroenie, No. 2 (1964).Google Scholar
- 3.I. Osterwalder, “Tailwater depression of multijet impulse turbine,” Water Power (September 1966).Google Scholar
- 4.Yu. U. Édel', Impulse Hydraulic Turbines [in Russian], Mashgiz (1963).Google Scholar
- 5.Hydropower Resources [in Russian], Nauka (1967).Google Scholar
- 6.N. N. Kovalev, Hydraulic Turbines [in Russian], Mashgiz (1961).Google Scholar