Use of temperature observations in the maintenance of earth dams
- 19 Downloads
The usefulness and economy of the temperature observations at the 22nd CPSU Congress Volga hydroelectric plant permit recommending similar methods for the maintenance of hydraulic structures, for other hydraulic developments.
For quick adoption of the temperature method of seepage control, it is necessary to select a more rational type of deep electrothermometer and to initiate the manufacture of this instrument at one of the factories of nonstandard devices of the Ministry of Power and Electrification of the USSR.
It is necessary to improve the methods of utilization of temperature observations for the control of seepage regime and of the state of structures and their impervious elements (facings, cores, aprons, etc.) on cohesive soils.
KeywordsEnergy Source Power Generation Power Engineer Renewable Energy Source Structural Foundation
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Instructions for Observations on Hydraulic Structures at Electric Plants [in Russian], Gosénergoizdat, Moscow (1955).Google Scholar
- 2.V. M. Maksimov, K. G. Asatur, et al., Hydrogeologist's Handbook [in Russian], Gosudarstvennoe Nauchno-Tekhnicheskoe Izdatel'stvo Neftyanoi i Gorno-Toplivnoi, Leningrad (1959).Google Scholar
- 3.A. A. Uginchus and V. P. Bombchinskii, Control-Measurement Instruments for Hydraulic Structures [in Russian], Stroiizdat, Moscow (1954).Google Scholar
- 4.M. B. Ginzburg, Full-Scale Investigations on Large Hydraulic Structures, Énergiya, Moscow (1964).Google Scholar
- 5.G. M. Zadvornyi, “Results of full-scale investigations on uplift pressure and seepage in the rock foundation of the dam at the Ust'-Kamenogorsk hydroelectric plant,” Gidrotekh. Stroitel'., No. 7 (1966).Google Scholar
- 6.Guide for Study of the Experimental Instruments and Techniques in the Section “Hydraulic Structures and Turbine Installations” [in Russian]. Énergiya, Moscow (1971).Google Scholar
- 7.Zh. Kh. Briman, “Method for locating seepage,” RZh, Gidroénergetika i Vetroénergetika, No. 5, 5D172P (1969).Google Scholar
- 8.G. A. Makarov, “Deep electrothermometers,” Gidrotekh. Stroitel'., No. 11 (1969).Google Scholar