Magnetic and transport properties of Ln1–xSrxCoO3 perovskite materials (Ln= La, Nd, Gd) prepared by low-temperature synthetic routes
- 89 Downloads
We have used three soft-chemistry methods for the efficient preparation of Ln1−xSrxCoO3 samples, adapting the combustion and the liquid-mix methods for the synthesis of the Ln = La and Gd compounds, respectively, and the preparation of Nd1−xSrxCoO3 by the nitrate decomposition method.
We report the magnetic and electrical properties of these relatively small particle-size materials, specially in the case of the Ln = La and Ln = Nd series (d≈0.2 µm and 0.5 µm, respectively), and we compare them to those displayed by the corresponding compounds prepared at higher temperatures. The compounds here obtained are ferromagnetic for x≥0.15 when Ln = La and for x≥0.20 when Ln = Nd and Gd. Their resistivity decreases as the doping degree increases. And, very interestingly, for compositions 0.20<x≤0.45, when Ln = La, and for x=0.40, when Ln = Nd, they show M-I transitions as the temperature rises. These are very sensitive to the application of electrical current and its polarity and the presence of magnetic fields, displaying peculiar behaviors.
KeywordsNitrate Magnetic Field Combustion Perovskite Electrical Property
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Y. Kaga, J. Ohno, K. Tsukamoto, F. Uchiyama, M.J. Lain, T. Nakajima, Solis State Ionics40–41, 1000 (1990)Google Scholar
- M. Itoh, I. Natori, S. Kubota, K. Matoya, J. Phys. Soc. Jpn.63, 1486 (1994).Google Scholar
- C.N.R. Rao, O.M. Parkash, Philosophical Magazine35, 1111 (1977).Google Scholar
- S. Sundar Manoharam, K.C. Patil, J. Solid State Chem.102, 267 (1993).Google Scholar
- F. Licci and T. Besagni, I.E.E.E. Trans. on Magn. MAG.20, 1639 (1984); F. Licci and T. Besagni, European Patent Appliccation. no 85830253.2.Google Scholar
- S.R. Jain, K.C. Adiga, V.R. Verneker, Combust. and Flame40, 71 (1981).Google Scholar
- M.A. Señarís-Rodríguez, M.P. Breijo, S. Castro, R.D. Sánchez, J. Mira, J. Rivas, Boletín de la Sociedad Española de Cerámica y Vidrio37, 25 (1998).Google Scholar
- S. Chikazumi, Physics of Magnetism, Chapters. 7 and 10, Krieger Publ. Co., Malabar (Florida) (1986)Google Scholar
- B.D. Cullity in: Introduction to Magnetic Materials, Chapter 11, Addison-Weley Publish. Co. (1972).Google Scholar
- M.A. Señarís-Rodríguez, M.P. Breijo, S. Castro, C. Rey, M. Sánchez, R.D. Sánchez, J. Mira, A. Fondado, J. Rivas, Proceed. International Conference on Inorganic Materials, Versailles (France) 15–19 September 1998 (to be published).Google Scholar
- R.D. Sánchez, J. Mira, J. Rivas, M.P. Breijo, M.A. Señarís-Rodríguez, J. Mater. Res. (1998) (to be published).Google Scholar
- J. Mira, J. Rivas, M.P. Breijo, M.A. Señarís-Rodríguez, R.D. Sánchez, Sensors and Actuators A: Physics (1998) (to be published).Google Scholar