Physico-chemical investigations on selected gallium doped lanthanum chromites
- 41 Downloads
Investigations on lanthanum gallium chromium mixed oxides of the compositions La1.0Ga0.2Cr0.8O3−d and La0.9Ga0.2Cr0.8O3-d are presented regarding their structure, redox stability, conductivity and catalytic activity for the oxidation of propene. The mixed oxide has perovskite-type structure, high redox stability, an electronic p-type conductivity and low catalytic activity. If the perovskite-type compound has a deficiency of lanthanum, the electronic conductivity, surface area and catalytic activity are significantly higher. The catalytic activity is likely comparable to that of gold. Similar to gold electrodes of solid electrolytes, oxygen electrodes formed with gallium doped lanthanum chromite show a relatively high sensitivity to hydrocarbons such as propene at temperatures of about 700 °C. The mixed oxide is possibly suitable as electrode material for exhaust gas sensors using oxide-ion conducting solid electrolytes.
KeywordsCatalytic Activity Gallium Lanthanum Chromite Mixed Oxide
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- K.-P. Sandow, S. Jakobs, S. Thiemann, R. Hartung, U. Schönauer, U. Guth, Monographie GDCh3 (Elektrochemie der Elektronenleiter), 377 (1996).Google Scholar
- S. Thiemann, Thesis, University of Greifswald 1997.Google Scholar
- U. Guth, S. Jakobs, R. Hartung, K.-P. Sandow, D. Westphal, submitted for the 1997 Joint International Meeting of The Electrochemical Society and The International Society of Electrochemistry, Paris, August 31–September 5, 1997; Proceedings of the Electrochemical Society 97-24 (Ionic and Mixed Conducting Ceramics) 1998, p. 231.Google Scholar
- K. Teske, H. Ullmann, N. Trofimenko, J. Therm.Google Scholar
- ICPDS card No. 33–701.Google Scholar
- H. Sandow, Thesis, University of Greifswald, 1991.Google Scholar
- J.B. Webb, M. Sayer, A. Mansingh, Can. J. Phys.55, 1725 (1977).Google Scholar
- R. Hartung, S. Thiemann, H.-H. Möbius, Solid State Phenomena39–40, 571 (1994).Google Scholar