Screening tuber-bearingSolanum spp. for resistance toGlobodera rostochiensis Ro1 Woll. andG. pallida Pa2/3 stone
Accessions of tuber-bearingSolanum spp. related toS. tuberosum subsp.tuberosum were obtained from the German-Dutch collection (Braunschweig, Germany) and the Inter-regional potato collection (Sturgeon Bay, USA). They were screened for resistance toG. rostochiensis Rol andG. pallida Pa2/3. Among 1567 clones from 52 accessions, 135 clones (23 accessions) were resistant toG. rostochiensis. They mainly representedS. andigena, gourlayi, spegazzinii andvernei. Among 1689 clones (74 accessions), 105 clones (32 accessions) were resistant toG. pallida. They representedS. gourlayi, spegazzinii, sparsipilum andvernei. About 25 clones were resistant to both species.
Additional keywordspotato cyst nematodes Solanum tuberosum L.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Dellaert, L.M.W. & R. Hoekstra, 1987. Resistance to potato cyst nematodes,Globodera ssp., in wild and primitiveSolanum species.Potato Research 30: 579–587.Google Scholar
- Hanneman, R.E. Jr. & J.B. Bamberg, 1986. Inventory of tuber-bearingSolanum species. Wisconsin Agricultural Experimental Station. Sturgeon Bay, USA. Bulletin 533, 216 pp.Google Scholar
- Hoekstra, R. & L. Seidewitz, 1987. Evaluation data on tuber-bearingSolanum species (second edition). German-Dutch Curatorium for Plant Genetic Resources, Braunschweig. 202 pp.Google Scholar
- Huaman, Z. & R.W. Ross, 1985. Updated listing of potato species names, abbreviations and taxonomic status.American Potato Journal 62: 629–641.Google Scholar
- Phillips, M.S., 1994. Inheritance of resistance to nematodes. In: J.E. Bradshaw & G.R. Mackay (Eds), Potato Genetics, CAB International, Wallingford, UK: 319–337.Google Scholar
- Ross, H., 1986. Potato breeding — problems and perspectives. Supplement 13,Journal of Plant Breeding, 132 pp.Google Scholar