A method to shift moiré fringes using gap effect
- 45 Downloads
A new method to shift moiré fringes using the gap effect is proposed. It is shown that the shift of fringe is linearly related to the shift of optical axis. The method can also be used for the determination of sign.
KeywordsMechanical Engineer Fluid Dynamics Optical Axis
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Chiang, F. P., Parks, V. J. andDurelli, A. J., “Moiré-fringe Interpolation and Multiplication by Fringe Shifting,”Experimental Mechanics,8 (12),554–560 (1968).Google Scholar
- 2.Chiang, F. P. andB. Ranganayakamma, “Deflection Measurement Using Moiré Gap Effect,”Experimental Mechanics,11 (7),296–302 (July1971).Google Scholar
- 3.Sciammarella, C. A. and Chiang, F. P., “Dynamic Stress and Strain in Propellant Grant,” The Sixth An. Mech. Beh. Working Group Meet. of the ICRPG, Jet Propulsion Lab, Pasadena, CA (Dec. 1967); CPIA publication No. 158,1,219–232 (Oct. 1967).Google Scholar
- 4.Sciammarella, C. A. and Chiang, F. P., “Gap Effect on Moiré Fringe,” Proc. 1st Canadian Cong. of Appl. Mech. (May 22–26, 1967) (Abstract); Zeitschrift für Angewandte Mathematik und Physik,19-2,326–333 (1968).Google Scholar
- 5.Chiang, F. P. andRanganayakamma, B., “Some Experimental Evidence for the Validity of Moiré-gap Equation,”Experimental Mechanics,10 (7),294–296 (July1970).Google Scholar
- 6.Chiang, F. P., “Determination of Signs in Moiré Method,”J. of Engr. Mech. Div., Proc. ASCE,95 (EM6)1379–1391 (Dec.1969).Google Scholar
- 7.Parks, V. J., Discussion of “Determination of Signs in Moiré Method”, J. of Engr. Mech. Div., Proc. ASCE,96 (EM4),503–505 (Aug.1970).Google Scholar
- 8.Sciammarella, C. A. andLurowist, N., “Multiplication and Interpolation of Moiré Fringe Orders by Purely Optical Techniques,”J. of Appl. Mech.,34 (2),425–430 (June1967).Google Scholar
- 9.Sampson, R. C. andCampbell, D. M., “The Grid-shift Technique for Moiré Analysis of Strain in Solid Propellants,”Experimental Mechanics,7 (11),449–457 (1967).Google Scholar