Phase-measuring profilometry using sinusoidal grating
- 175 Downloads
When a sinusoidal amplitude grating is projected on an object, the surface-height distribution of the object is translated to a phase distribution of the deformed grating image. In this paper, two algorithms developed for phase acquisition of such images are presented and compared. The phase-acquisition algorithms are sufficiently simple that high-resolution phase maps using a highresolution area detector array can be generated in a short time. The average detection error is within 30 mm, which can be reduced further by changing the period of the projected grating and the angle offset between the projection and the observation optics.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Idesawa, M. andYatagai, T., “General Theory of Projection-Type Moiré Topography,”Sci. Papers I.P.C.R.,71,57–70 (1977).Google Scholar
- 2.Srinivasan, V., Liu, H.C. andHalioua, M., “Automated Phase-Measuring profilometry of 3-D Diffuse Objects,”Appl. Opt.,23,3105–3108 (1984).Google Scholar
- 3.Chang, M. andWang, D. S., “On-Line Automated Phase-Measuring Profilometry,”Opt. and Lasers in Eng.,15,127–139 (1991).Google Scholar
- 4.Koliopoulos, C.L., “Interferometric Optical Phase Measurement Techniques,” PhD Diss., Univ. of Arizona (1981).Google Scholar
- 5.Schwider, J., Burow, R., Elssner, K.E., Grzanna, J., Spolaczyk, R. andMerkel, K., “Digital Wavefront Measuring Interferometry: Some Systematic Error Sources,”Appl. Opt.,22,3421–3432 (1983).Google Scholar
- 6.Kinnstaetter, K., Lohmann, A.W., Schwider, J. andStreibl, N., “Accuracy of Phase Shifting Interferometry,”Appl. Opt.,27,5082–5089 (1988).Google Scholar
- 7.Chang, M., Hu, C.P., Lam, P. andWyant, J.C., “High Precision Deformation Measurement by Digital Phase Shifting Holographic Interferometry,”Appl. Opt.,24,3780–3783 (1985).Google Scholar
- 8.Creath, K., “Phase-Shifting Speckle Interferometry,”Appl. Opt.,24,3053–3058 (1985).Google Scholar
- 10.Harding, K.V., Michniewicz, M. andBoehnlein, A., “Small Angle Moiré Contouring,”SPIE,850,166–173 (1987).Google Scholar
- 11.Boehnlein, A. and Harding, K., “Field Shift Moiré, A New Technique for Absolute Range Measurement,” SPIE Annual Mtg. (1989).Google Scholar
- 12.Yu, Q., “Spin Filtering Processes and Automatic Extraction of Fringe Centerlines in Digital Interferometric Patterns,”Appl. Opt.,27,3782–3784 (1988).Google Scholar