Archives of Toxicology

, Volume 66, Issue 4, pp 298–299

Accidental death caused by the absorption of 2,4-dichlorophenol through the skin

  • P. Kintz
  • A. Tracqui
  • P. Mangin
Letter to the Editors

DOI: 10.1007/BF02307178

Cite this article as:
Kintz, P., Tracqui, A. & Mangin, P. Arch Toxicol (1992) 66: 298. doi:10.1007/BF02307178

Abstract

A case involving an accidental fatality resulting from skin absorption of 2,4-dichlorophenol in a factory is presented. The compound was quantified using gas chromatography after separation on a SP-1240 DA column and detection with flame ionization. Confirmation was obtained with mass spectrometry. Blood concentration was 24.3 mg/l. Other drugs, including ethanol, were not detected.

Key words

2,4-Dichlorophenol Accident Fatality Gas chromatography 

Copyright information

© Springer-Verlag 1992

Authors and Affiliations

  • P. Kintz
    • 1
  • A. Tracqui
    • 1
  • P. Mangin
    • 1
  1. 1.Institut de Médecine LégaleStrasbourg CedexFrance

Personalised recommendations