Influence of methyl, formyl and acetyl groups on retention of substituted furans and thiophenes in capillary GC
Methyl, formyl and acetyl substituted furans and thiophenes were investigated on glass and fused-silica, capillary columns coated with SE-30, OV-101, OV-17 and CW-40M stationary phases at 100°C and in temperature programming. The contribution of these groups to the retention indices of furans and thiophenes was determined. It was found that contributions of identical substituents differ according to the nature of the heterocycle, their position relative to the heteroatom and other neighbouring groups. Prediction of retention indices of substituted thiophenes and furans may be carried out two ways: by analogy with the GC behaviour of these compounds and from the variability of the contributions of identical substituents in the heterocycle.
Key WordsCapillary gas chromatography Substituted furans and thiophenes Prediction of retention indices
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- I.L. Zhuravleva, M.H. Terenina, V.V. Shenderuyk, R.V. Golovnya, Zh. Anal. Khim.,45, 722 (1990).Google Scholar
- R.V. Golovnya, A.L. Samusenko, V.P. Sagalovich, Zh. Anal. Khim.,46, 727 (1991).Google Scholar
- R.V. Golovnya, I.L. Zhuravleva, E.V. Yakush, V.V. Shenderuyk, J. Chromatogr.,522, 1 (1992).Google Scholar
- D.N. Grigorieva, R.V. Golovnya, Zh. Anal. Khim.,43, 705 (1991).Google Scholar
- H. Maarse, C.A. Vischer, in: Volatile Compounds in Food. — Qualitative and Quantitative Data, 421, TNO-CIVO Food Analysis Institute, Zeist, Netherland (1989).Google Scholar
- T.A. Misharina, S.V. Vitt, R.V. Golovnya, V.M. Belikov, Zh. Anal. Khim.,41, 1876 (1986).Google Scholar
- H. Van den Doole, P.D. Kratz, J. Chromatogr.,11, 463 (1963).Google Scholar
- W. Jennings, T. Shibamoto, in: Qualitative Analysis of Flavor and Fragrance Volatiles by Glass Capillary Gas Chromatography, Academic Press, New York (1980), p. 412.Google Scholar
- R.V. Golovnya, V.G. Garbuzov, Chromatographia,8, 267 (1975).Google Scholar
- R.V. Golovnya, T.A. Misharina, Izv. Acad. Nauk SSSR, Ser. Khim,8, 1794 (1977).Google Scholar