A significance test for one parameter isosensitivity functions
- 189 Downloads
A large-sample test for the significance of the difference between two detection data points is developed based upon the assumptions of a one-parameter signal detectability model. In essence, the null hypothesis tested is that two observed data points belong to the samed' function.
KeywordsNull Hypothesis Public Policy Significance Test Statistical Theory Signal Detectability
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Blackwell, H. R.,Psychophysical Thresholds: Experimental Studies of Methods of Measure ment. Engineering Research Bulletin No. 36, University of Michigan, 1953.Google Scholar
- Galanter, E., Contemporary Psychophysics inNew Directions in Psychology by T. Newcomb. New York: Holt, Rinehart and Winston, 1962, 87–156.Google Scholar
- Galanter, E. and Holman, G. L., Some invariances of the iso-sensitivity function and their implications for the utility function of money. Psychophysics Laboratory Report, PLR-18NA, 1966, University of Washington.Google Scholar
- Luce, R. D., Detection and Recognition, Chapter 3 in Luce, R. D., Bush, R. and Galanter, E. (eds.),Handbook of Mathematical Psychology, Vol. I. New York: Wiley, 1963a.Google Scholar
- Luce, R. D., A threshold theory for simple detection experiments,Psychol. Rev., 1963b,70, 61–79.Google Scholar
- Norman, D. A., A comparison of data obtained with different false alarm rates,Psych. Rev., 1964,71, 243–246.Google Scholar
- Peterson, W. W., Birdsall, T. G., and Fox, W. C., The theory of signal detectability.Trans. I.R.E. Professional Group in Information Theory, 1954, P.G.I.T. 2–4, 171–212. Reprinted in Luce, R. D., Bush, R. R. and Galanter, E. (eds.),Readings in Mathematical Psychology, New York: Wiley,1, 1963.Google Scholar
- Pollack, I., Norman, D. A. and Galanter, E., An efficient non-parametric analysis of recognition memory.Psychon. Sci., 1964,1, 327–328.Google Scholar
- Swets, J. A., Tanner, W. P., and Birdsall, T. G., Decision processes in perception.Psychol. Rev., 1961,68, 301–340.Google Scholar