A new status index derived from sociometric analysis
- 1.8k Downloads
For the purpose of evaluating status in a manner free from the deficiencies of popularity contest procedures, this paper presents a new method of computation which takes into accountwho chooses as well ashow many choose. It is necessary to introduce, in this connection, the concept of attenuation in influence transmitted through intermediaries.
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- 1.Jennings, H. H. Leadership and isolation. New York: Longmans, Green, 1943 and 1950.Google Scholar
- 2.Forsyth, E., and Katz, L. A matrix approach to the analysis of sociometric data: preliminary report,Sociometry, 1946,9, 340–347.Google Scholar
- 3.Festinger, L. The analysis of sociograms using matrix algebra.Human Relations, 1949,2, 153–158.Google Scholar
- 4.Dwyer, P. S. Linear computations. New York: Wiley and Sons, 1951.Google Scholar
- 5.Ferrar, W. L. Finite matrices. London: Oxford Univ. Press., 1951.Google Scholar
- 6.Brauer, A. Limits for the characteristic roots of a matrix. Series of four papers inDuke Mathematical Journal, I: 1946,13, 387–395; II: 1947,14, 21–26; III: 1948,15, 871–877; IV: 1952,19, 75–91.Google Scholar