Colorimetric determination of demecarium bromide and related cholinesterase inhibitors
- 20 Downloads
A stability-indicating colorimetric method for the quantitative determination of demecarium bromide based on the reaction of potassium cobaltothiocyanate is described. The blue color is extracted with 1,2-dichloroethane and the absorbance is measured at 320 and 625 nm.
The method is suitable for use in the presence of possible hydrolytic products of demecarium bromide, a brief stability study of the drug in aqueous solutions is reported. The method is also applied to other structurally related cholinesterase inhibitors such as pyridostigmine bromide and distigmine bromide. (Pharm. Weekblad Sci. Ed. 2, 153–156)
KeywordsPublic Health Potassium Aqueous Solution Internal Medicine Bromide
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Brown, E. G., andT. J. Hayes (1955)Analyst 80, 755.Google Scholar
- Krishna, N., andI. H. Leopold (1960)Am. J. Ophthal. 49, 270.Google Scholar
- Morgan, D. J. (1962)Analyst 87, 233.Google Scholar
- Terner, I. S., J. Linn andR. Goldstrohm (1961)Am. J. Ophthal. 52, 553.Google Scholar
- The United States Pharmacopoeia XVIII (1970) Mack Publishing Co., Easton, Pa., USA, 169.Google Scholar