Assay of propranolol in human and rat plasma by capillary gas chromatography with nitrogen selective detection
- 20 Downloads
A gas Chromatographic method is described for the assay of propranolol in human and rat plasma. The extraction with diethylether is relatively simple compared to existing procedures and there is no need for clean-up. Following derivatisation with acetic acid anhydride the derivatives were determined by means of capillary gas chromatography, solid injection and nitrogen-phosphorous selective detection.
Calibration curves were linear in the concentration range from 5 to 100 ng/ml plasma. The recovery of propranolol from human and rat plasma was 80% and 100% respectively while the detection limit in both cases was approximately 1 ng/ml. There is no interference with endogenous plasma substances or metabolites and retention times are short (ca. 3 min). An application has been given. (Pharm. Weekblad Sci. Ed.2, 101–105).
KeywordsNitrogen Acetic Acetic Acid Detection Limit Retention Time
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- Black, J. W., W. A. M. Duncan andR. G. Shanks (1965)Brit. J. Pharmacol. 25, 577–591.Google Scholar
- Chidsey, C. A., P. Morselli, G. Bianchetti, A. Morganti, G. Leonetti andA. Zanchetti (1975)Circulation 52, 313–318.Google Scholar
- De Boer, A. G., J. Röst-Kaiser, H. Bracht andD. D. Breimer (1978)J. Chromatog. 145, 105–114.Google Scholar
- De Boer, A. G. (1979) Ph.D. thesis, University of Leiden, The Netherlands.Google Scholar
- De Boer, A. G., D. D. Breimer, H. Mattie, J. Pronk andJ. M. Gubbens-Stibbe (1979)Clin. Pharmacol. Therap. 26, 701–709.Google Scholar
- Degen, P. N., andW. Riess (1976)J. Chromatog. 121, 72–75.Google Scholar
- Di Salle, E., K. M. Baker, S. R. Bareggi, W. D. Watkins, C. A. Chidsey, S. Frigerio andP. L. Morselli (1973)J. Chromatog. 84, 347–353.Google Scholar
- Ehrsson, H. (1976)J. Pharm. Pharmacol. 28, 662–663.Google Scholar
- Garceau, Y., I. Davis andJ. Hasegawa (1978)J. Pharm. Sci. 67, 826–831.Google Scholar
- Hadzija, B. W., andA. M. Mattocks (1978)J. Pharm. Sci. 67, 1307–1309.Google Scholar
- Kates, R. E., andC. L. Jones (1977)J. Pharm. Sci. 66, 1490–1492.Google Scholar
- Nation, R. L., G. W. Peng andW. L. Chiou (1978)J. Chromatog. Biomed. Appl. 145, 429–436.Google Scholar
- Shand, D. G., E. M. Nuckolls andJ. A. Oates (1970)Clin. Pharmacol. Therap. 11, 112–120.Google Scholar
- Vermeij, P. (1977) Ph.D. thesis, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands.Google Scholar
- Walle, T. (1974)J. Pharm. Sci. 63, 1885–1891.Google Scholar
- Walle, T., J. Morrison, K. Walle andE. Conradi (1975)J. Chromatog. 114, 351–359.Google Scholar