HPLC analysis of the main oxindole alkaloids fromUncaria tomentosa
- 183 Downloads
The main oxindole alkaloids from the root bark ofUncaria tomentosa were separated by reversed phase HPLC with an acetonitrile/methanol/phosphate buffer solvent gradient. UV detection was carried out at 245 nm. The chromatographic parameters for the separation of the alkaloids were optimized by studying the impact of the pH value of the mobile phase and the column temperature on the separation efficiency of the analytical system. The best separation was achieved with a mobile phase pH of 6.6 and a column temperature of 15°C. The method developed is suitable for the qualitative characterisation and quantitative determination of oxindole alkaloids in crudeUncaria tomentosa extracts and phytopharmaceuticals.
Key WordsColumn liquid chromatography Oxindole alkaloids Uncaria tomentosa
Unable to display preview. Download preview PDF.
- F. W. Ostendorf, Suriname Bulletin79, 199 (1962).Google Scholar
- K. Kepplinger, PCT Int. Appl. WO 8201, 130 (1982).Google Scholar
- S. Montenegro De Matta, F. Delle Monache, F. Ferrari, G. B. Marini-Bettolo, Il Farmaco31, 527 (1976).Google Scholar
- S. Sturm, University of Innsbruck (1992) Thesis in preparation.Google Scholar
- H. Wagner, B. Kreutzkamp, K. Jurcic, Planta Med.51, 419 (1985).Google Scholar